As part of our architectural and interior design projects we redesigned several key elements of the customer’s experience. The aim of these various elements was to reduce the environmental impact of shopping helping both shoppers and the company.
Many of these initiatives distinguished M&S as pioneers and included:
- Low energy displacement systems
- Soft reusable in-store bags for fashion stores instead of traditional wire baskets
- New low energy signage using LED lighting
- Calculating M&S’s up stream and down stream Carbon footprint
- Plan A communications
- 5p charges for plastic carrier bags (widely copied by their competitors and becoming law in 2015)